Friday, February 28, 2014

PODCASTS

So I am constantly listening to podcasts about games. I have an hour commute each way every day and I have a job that allows me to listen to my iPhone during work. On the sidebar I show what episodes I'm listening to and which number I'm currently on. These are just the podcasts that I'm currently listening to, there have been ones that I was caught up on at one point but haven't downloaded any new episodes. There's just so much to listen to. I listened to all of Cheated Fates Radio until M2E came out and haven't listened to new ones.

The Dice Tower - This is a variety show about board games and card games. The main things of it is a top 10 list every (other) week on a certain topic. There is also reviews, news, segments on a lot of different subjects. Lots of people talking about games they love.

I started listening to this podcast probably the middle of last year, in the current episode. I then decided to start at the beginning, which was episode 50 at the time. I wanted to see where the show started and how Eric ended up there. I really enjoy it and feel like I grew to like everyone in such a short time, where a lot of people have been with the same people for years. I liked Sam and Tom together. Some contributors I do fast forward through. For the most part I like hearing about the games they played back then. I always hear about something I want to try. I listen to the show at 1.5 speed so I can get through them faster. I want to be caught up soon so I can move onto something else though!

The Secret Cabal - This is a podcast with 4 friends. There is basically 4 segments each show, bantering, review, news, and RPG.

I found this podcast probably at the end of 2013 and I love it! It's my favorite out of the ones I listen to right now. I should just keep listening and catch up to the current episode, but I'm pacing between the others. I started this one at episode 1 without trying a current one first. I think that's what I'll do from now on. I like the segments and they seem to like the same games that I do... or ones I want to try. I don't know if the current episodes are different from the ones I'm on, but I hope they are the same. I have learned so much from them. I am involved in board games, miniatures, RPGs, and video games... so we have a lot in common.

The D6 Generation - This is another variety show. They talk about current games they play, interviews, reviews. This podcast seems a bit long to me, but it's hard for me to speed it up since Russ talks extra fast to begin with.

This is the first board game podcast that I started listening to. This is one I started at the current episode at the time and have since started over at episode 1. I like the achievements in gaming they do where they talk about the games they've played in the last 2 weeks. They seem to always be busy! I am out a lot, but I don't get nearly as much done as they do.

Critical Hit - I'm not sure how I found this podcast. I was looking for D&D or RPG podcasts to basically teach me how to play because I wanted to get into RPGs. This was perfect. This is a D&D 4 game where they started at character creation and then each episode we listen to them play in their world. I'm behind on this one by a couple of years, but it's not one that I need to catch up on anytime soon.

So there's a summary of what I listen to right now. There are many more that I would like to listen to, but there's so little time. Everyone seems to have a podcast now and I really want to add some Malifaux ones into my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment